If you suspect that your computer or laptop has been infected by a virus. You may be interested to know that the solution may be to get rid of malware individually. We explain how.
Remove malware from your computer manually is a fairly simple process, but you should know that before doing it. So you would have to do other checks to determine if your PC has been infected by a virus.
As you know, computer viruses try to infect every corner of the devices so that, if detected, it is much more complicated to get rid of them. So, we recommend that you protect your computer with a good antivirus.
But if you got here maybe it is because it is too late and you have already detected that you have a malicious file on your Windows computer or laptop. Luckily, we’ll explain how to delete that infected file forever.
How to delete a single infected file from your computer or laptop
The first thing you will have to do is start your computer in safe mode. This will allow you to start your computer with only the basic programs and drivers and also prevent your PC from connecting to a network.
Once you have done this, you must change the configuration so that the hidden files in Windows 10 are also shown. To do this, you must carefully follow the steps indicated below:
1. Use the Windows search tool that you will find in the lower-left corner and search for ‘ File Explorer Options ‘.
2. Now, select the ‘ View ‘ tab and select ‘ Show hidden files, folders and units ‘ from the list titled ‘ Advanced settings ‘.
3. Then, uncheck the box ‘ Hide file extensions for known file types ‘.
4. Also, make sure that the ‘ Hide protected operating system files (recommended) ‘ box is unchecked.
5. Finally, click on ‘ Apply ‘ and then ‘ Accept ‘.
You May Also Like: How to change the email password
These steps will allow you to view and access all the Windows files. If you know the location of the infected file. It will be enough for you to find it, right-click on it and select ‘ Delete ‘. Do not forget to empty the trash.