Today, we use email for everything. That’s why it’s important to protect your email account well, whether it’s Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook or Yahoo. This protection involves changing the password from time to time. We explain how.
There are several reasons why you should decide to change the password of your email. You may have given it to someone and you do not trust anymore. Maybe you have forgotten or just want to establish a new one more secure.
Obviously, a change in the personal password of your email is also a good routine to keep hackers away. Cybercriminals often use email and techniques such as phishing to infect third-party computers.
Whatever the reason that has brought you here in this article we will teach you to establish a new password, whether you are a Gmail user, Hotmail, Outlook or Yahoo! Mail! For extra security, do not forget to install a VPN and an antivirus on your device.
Table Of Contents Summary
How to change the password in Gmail
- Sign in to the Gmail settings panel: myaccount.google.com.
- Click on the ‘ Log in to Google ‘ option in the ‘ Login and security ‘ box.
- Now, select the ‘ Password ‘ button in the section ‘ Password and login method ‘.
- Log in to your Gmail email account. If you have forgotten the password, you must click on the button ‘ Have you forgotten your password? And follow the steps indicated.
- Finally, you can now create your new password, entering it in the first box, re-entering it in the second one to confirm it and clicking on the button ‘ Change password ‘ to save the changes.
How to change the password in Hotmail and Outlook
- Go to the Outlook website: outlook.live.com.
- Click on the box with your name and profile picture that you will see in the upper right corner, and select the option ‘ See account ‘ from the drop-down menu.
- Under your name and email account, you will see the option ‘ More actions ‘. Click on ‘ Change password ‘ and wait to be redirected to another page.
- Next, you must verify your identity using one of the options in the list, which will correspond to another email you own. Enter that email again and click ‘ Send code ‘. You must, then, have access to that other mail.
- Enter the verification code in the corresponding box.
- You can now create a new password, but remember that you must also enter the one you had been using until now.
- Finally, save the changes.
How to change the password in Yahoo!
- Log in to your Yahoo! Mail account going to login.yahoo.com. If you do not remember the password, you should try to recover it by clicking on the ‘ Do you have problems logging in? ‘
- Once inside, click on your name in the upper-right part of the screen and click on ‘ Account information ‘, followed by ‘ Security settings ‘.
- You must now enter your security code.
- Next, click on ‘ Change password ‘, followed by ‘ I prefer to change my password ‘.
- Finally, you can enter your new password, confirm it and touch ‘ Continue ‘ to save the changes made.